Who do I need to contact If I spot a problem in Nailsea?
Have you spotted a trip hazard, a dark area that used to be lit, or a poo bin that needs to be emptied? Do you know who to report it to?
Nailsea is part of North Somerset and the resources of the town are split between Nailsea Town Council, North Somerset Council and a separate management company for the shopping centre, it’s understandable why people can get confused with who is handling what and who to ask for help.
We thought we would put together some information on who does what.
Nailsea Town Council can be contacted for the following:
- Managing and maintaining allotments, the Village Green, Lion’s green, Hannah More Park, The Glassworks, Golden Valley Bridle Way and Spilsbury Wood
- Nailsea Skate Park
- Grants to local organisations
- Managing dog bins and employing an Orderly to improve the cleanliness of the town centre
- Maintaining bus shelters, benches, the Grove sports field, and the Garden of Rest
- The town CCTV (but not the viewing of it)
- Bookings of No 65 High Street and Nailsea Tithe Barn
- Supporting local markets and Nailsea in Bloom
- Town noticeboards
- Reviewing submitted planning applications (but North Somerset Council has the final say)
Nailsea Town Council can be contacted by phone on 01275 855277 or via email: email@example.com
For all things that are outside of the Town Council’s control, such as:
- Refuse collection
- Waste and recycling
- The maintenance of public open space, including Millennium Park
- CCTV monitoring
- Roads, pavements and footpaths
- North Somerset Council are the one to contact.
North Somerset can be contacted by phone on 01934 888 888 or via ‘report it’ on their website.
If you can’t find the answers you need from them, contact the Town Council office and they will try and help you…
Praxis owns Crown Glass Shopping Centre and can be contacted if you spot anything that needs attention. The area they look after covers Crown Glass Place, Colliers Walk, Somerset Square and Stockway South car park.
You can contact them on 01275 854 543 or via https://www.crownglassnailsea.co.uk/contact-us
We hope this list helps you. Remember if you spot a problem, always report it as it may well be unresolved because the relevant people don’t know about it.